Monday, December 28, 2009

Kimkins Low Carb Bread Recipe

We've got quite a few low carb bread recipes in the Kimkins Recipe Box -- garlic bread, vanilla rolls and cream puffs.  But here's a quick & easy basic recipe for every day that you'll love!

Try this quick and tasty low carb bread when you've got a yen for a sandwich.  Follow Tripledose's advice and make a double or triple batch and freeze the extras.  Insert a square of waxed paper between each one so they don't stick.



I always make at least 3 batches when I'm making it as I don't want to be making it every few days!

  • 3 eggs (separated)
  • 3 tablespoon cottage cheese (ricotta OK)
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
  • 1 pkg artificial sweetener
Preheat oven to 300 F. 

In a metal bowl mix the egg whites and the cream of tarter until stiff (you can turn the bowl upside down and it won't fall out).

In my Magic Bullet (now now...get your mind out of the gutter) I mix the egg yolks, cottage cheese and sweetener. Add the yolk mixture to the egg whites and mix.

Spoon onto a Pam sprayed cooking sheet (I use parchment paper ... less mess) in 6 piles. Bake for 1 hour. You can freeze these, too.

You see why I make more than one batch, as this only makes 6 "slices" of bread...

... Submitted by Kimkins member, Tripledose
(mommy to triplets PLUS 2 other children!)